Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Game Day, and Taco Taco!!

Game day, college game day to be exact, and I am so ready for this one.  Today is the Sunflower Showdown between K-State and KU.  Bitter rivals and fierce competitors, except this season where KU has a record of terrible and we have a shiny unblemished record of Awesome!  Anyway we headed over to Blake's house and get game day rolling.  Blake has set up the best system, two Tv's, both with Picture in Picture have been set up on top of each other, ensuring that we can watch 4 games at once and there will never be a half time lull. 

All games except one or two go as expected, so game day started to get a little boring until it was lunch time.  We ran over to a place with the "Best Taco In America", Taco Taco.  The place was still slammed even though they technically closed 5 minutes after we got there, but the owner was super nice.  I ordered the Super Taco and a Lengua taco.  Time then seemed to drag on forever, we waited about 30-40 minutes for our tacos, but then i saw a partial reason for the wait.  They make every tortilla to order!! Every tortilla is just a ball of dough, then they roll it out, flat top it and then they get the rest of the order rolling.  Wow, i like this place already.  After a bit the owner comes up and with near tears says,

"No more lengua, can I get you anything else?  The Picadillo, I made it myself it's very good!" 
"Awesome, thank you so much." She then hugged me and gave me all our tacos.  I like this place a lot.

The tacos were amazing, I had no idea what was inside but the tortilla was fluffy and light, the seasonings were amazing, and the salsa was fantastic.  All in all, one of the best tacos i have ever had.

Back to game day, the games get slower and slower as the day goes on and my wizard staff grows in length.  After several hours i give in and take a short nap, like a chump.  But it was a sporadic nap and after a while Scott showed back up with two pizzas from his restaurant, a BBQ Chicken and a Supreme.  Not to shabby, the crust was not my favorite but it was good pizza and I thank Scott for his contribution to my evenings longevity.  From there it was just a bit more staff building and rabble rousing till finally we headed home.  Good night Sports Fans.

Stewart Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment