Monday, October 24, 2011

Melange, Day 5, Last Day

It's the final countdown.  My last day at Melange and it's a busy one.  When I arrived it seems like everyone has already been there for an hour.  Time to get workin!

I hop in with John and Johnny, its potatoes, green beans, and beer can chicken!  That's right, Cajun marinade injected-miller light stuffed- chicken! From there onto a dish called King Ranch.  First, I did not know that King Ranch was a place, person or thing, secondly I didn't know that they made there own very gooey messy cheesy meal offering.  It was both a sloppy mess and very satisfying, in that I feel bad for loving this kind of way. 

From there it was on to tacos, and yes Tio was making them.  But after 45 minutes of making tacos Andrew comes over and yells at him.  Not for taking so long, but for making such little filling to go in those tacos.  I was a bit upset by Tios lack of foresight but I was in no place to assert authority.  So Andrew grabs some skirt steak, quick lime juice, cilantro, salt, garlic and pepper marinade then right to the grill.  It was a great taco day after his intervention.

For all the hype i had made it out to be, our day went by fast.  By 4 I was walking out the door and heading back to Lindas house.  Time to catch back up on the Blog and do Laundry.  Oh how i hate laundry day.  Its might be the single worst chore in all of the house.  Why you ask?  Because it takes forever!!  You can only do things in 1 hour intervals, then you have to fold and hang everything or else it gets wrinkled then what was the point of washing it if it still looks like you just wore it for an all night slumber party!  I digress, laundry and I will just never agree and I must move on.

Dinner tonight was at Nit Noi, one of the best Thai places in Houston.  Linda and I got an order of Spring rolls, with a very different very intense warm peanut sauce, Basil Stir fry Beef, and Pad Kee Mow with Beef.  I loved everything.  I never knew that Houston would have such a huge Asian Population but apparently during the 1970's-1980's  a lot of the refugees came from Cambodia and Thailand to settle in Houston.  Why I have no idea, but thankfully there are an abundance of Asian restaurants and food trucks running around this city and I love it!

With dinner over and Laundry to be done, we head back home.  It's going to be a good day tomorrow, I have only a 3 hour drive ahead of me and I am going to track down my parents Houston house where my brother lived for 4 months. 

Stewart Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment