Sunday, October 16, 2011

Laundry Day....

Tuesday, my last day in Pascagoula, and it's laundry day. 

I have already been gone a week and, while laundry day is not explicitly needed, I am taking every opportunity I have to wash and clean up.  But there is one up side, its just a lazy day at the Chenoweth house watching Law and Order and waiting for the ding of the dryer. 

With a few loads done Amy and I head off to meet Zoey and her sister Jess for the gulf coast famous Pizza Burger at Aunt Nitas.  To say that this burger is messy is a dramatic understatement.  This burger is, as aptly described, a "Big sloppy mess of southern hospitality."  The best description of it is a hamburger that was used as the dough for a pizza, and the plate was there to catch the rest.  I got mine with peperoni and onion rings on the side, while Amy got (She is a touch strange) a pizza burger with no burger add pepperoni.  I have no idea but she and the waitress claim its their favorite.  That gut tasty gut bomb devoured we head back to the house to finish laundry and veg till it was time to move on.

With a couch nap over we head back to Amy's house for game and wine night.  It was here I first learned about Apples to Apples and the hilarity and arguments that can ensue because of that game.  Who knew people could get upset during a drinking game??

Short night, everyone headed out and it was bed time early.  I didn't want to do the drive tomorrow, I didn't want to leave the coast and my wonderful friends behind, I didn't want this vacation part to end but..... it must.  As I went to sleep I dreamed of what was to come, how I would handle it, and what awaited me down the line.  I know i am going to miss where I am now, lets hope there is enough distraction down the line to keep my head clear. 

Tomorrow in Houston!

Stewart Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment