Sunday, October 30, 2011

Tueday, i missed it.

Tuesday, I have thus far had a great time in San Antonio but all that fun just came to a crashing end.  I recently recieved a call from my Dad.  My grandmother has taken a turn, things were known to be bad but this time it was the final countdown.  I discuss with my parents the realities of time and what my plans should be.  We will talk again when they arrive up at the farm and understand further her condition. 

With that said, I am devestated.  I keep thinking about all the times we had, all the fun and laughs, all the great things she taught me, just everything.  I have been sitting inside all day, I need to get out, I need to be distracted. 

I head out to Dough Pizzeria, voted one of the best in the city and it looks pretty solid.  I headed on in and was amazed by the set up.  Huge pizza oven in the main kitchen rolling at around 810 degrees, which the chef proclaimed was to cold and threw another log on the fire, marble countertop where the main chef shaped the pizza and then threw it to his assistents.  They then made the pizza, using basil from the flower pots in front of their stations, and placed them in the oven.  It was an amazing production and a great distraction.  I talked with the chefs, chatted with the waitstaff and had a great early dinner out.  I had the pancetta pizza with pancetta, procuitto, mozzerella, and shaved garlic with truffle oil.  It was great, except for the sauce, the sauce was just san marzano tomatoes and sicilian sea salt.  It was so lacking, add some tom paste or other seasonings to make it just something more than a thin watery tamato sauce.  But I drank my bottle of wine, talked and laughed with the employee's and had an all around good time.  I like the place, next time i need to try some of the other specialties; they make their own mozzerella!

After dough I went back to the house and vegged.  Read cracked online and Physics of the Imposible, till it was time for bed.  Before I passed out I get a call from my dad, things are not as bad as previously thought and I don't need to high tail it back to Tarkio tomorrow.  Good news, as good as that news can be.

Stewart Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment