Sunday, October 16, 2011

Up for a river cruise?

Saturday starts off the same as Friday, a good morning remembering a good night.  As I was brushing my teeth I hollered over to Amy,
"Did you about get into a fight last night?"
"No, I was just not having any of that girl in the bar.  She knows she was rude."
Apparently using the bathroom of a bar right before close was considered rude in Ocean Springs and the waitress there was letting her know it.  Miss Amy was having non of her sass that night and let her know with the up most of southern flair.

But now on to today, IT'S WAVE RUNNER DAY!!  We went and collected the van with the trailer hitch and picked up the wave runners and Mr. Richard.  After some starting issues with the older runner we got everything going and were on the water.
Our first stop was a place called Huck's Cove, a neat little dock-built restaurant tucked away in a cove right off the river.  We tied the wave runners up to the dock and headed on in for lunch.  I had a very nice blackened grouper po boy with a chipotle tarter sauce and seasoned fries.  It was a good way to start a day on the water.

After lunch we dropped Richard off at his car and headed out to explore the great river system of Pascagoula.

On a side note, I don't know why I assumed there would be no alligators over here, but I saw a sign that informed people about the fine for feeding the gators.  I have a slight fear the alligator, on land and behind a fence I am cool, but in the water they hold all the power.  And I know,"Oh they are more afraid of you then you are of them." FALSE.  They have big teeth and powerful jaws, I am a fleshy meat snack with no defenses.  I am very scared of them.

After getting the grand tour of the area we headed out to the sand bar for some rest and to watch the sun set.  I swear, this scenery really is unbelievable.  It has put that bug in me that someday I have to live on the coast, where I can still jump in the water in October and no one wears long pants till December.

With the sun going down and my skin starting to crispin, we headed back to the dock.  Tonight was Amy's friend Jess' birthday party back in Ocean Springs, I think we spent more time there then in Pascagoula.  She celebrated her birthday with fanfare and cake then we hit the bars.
More specifically a bar called Mizo's, and the entertainment.... The Russian Gypsy Mafia.  It was exactly as you would imagine it to be.  Non of the songs were in English, the electric accordion was just jamming, but the fiddle player and the upright bass player stole the show.  He climbed up on the base while just slapping the thing, while the fiddler dance and sawed so hard i thought he was going to break the thing.

But this was only half the entertainment, this crazy lady was telling all of us our spirit animals.  Amy was a wolf, very territorial and maternal.  She protects her friends like her cubs and can be very aggressive.  Mine..... the Duck billed platypus, very unique and independent.  She said, "It's not every day you meet a duck billed, you are a rare individual."  But what was her spirit animal?  A gay man. 

Yup, gay men can be spirit animals.

After the crazy lady had told us all our spirit animals we headed back home, tomorrow was family supper at Richards house, and I was not going to miss all that southern hospitality!!

Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment